I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Resting with the Wild Things

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Empress; from the Mirrors of the Heart, Nourishment:


          In the middle of a pandemic, where does one go to find nurturing and nourishment, especially when humanity's empathy meter has shorted out? The words of Wendell Berry offer some direction:
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

"The Peace of Wild Things" 

 


2 comments:

  1. I reflect on some of the things that brought me joy in the past, or childhood. Swimming, climbing trees, running through the open pastures, reading fairy tales. Immerse yourself in a simple pleasure.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent advice! I believe the neuroscientists would agree too. :)

      Delete