I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, August 21, 2020

Uncorking the Bottle

From the Tarocchi Celtici, the Queen of Water (Cups); from the Art of Asia Oracle, "Octopus and Fish" by Ito Jakuchu:

          This shy but wise Queen of Water with seashells in her hair has sent her frog hopping. She knows that inner healing and harmony (the ogham Ngetal and Reed) won't happen if emotions are bottled up and sat on. Stuffed-down anger may appear as depression and hidden depression can leak out as anger. Yet the Octopus painting offers a warning in the words of H. Jackson Brown, Jr.: "Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways." Letting out suppressed emotions must be done carefully. Many years ago, one therapist had me beat a pillow with a bat. While it did bring up a lot of rage, it just made me want to use that bat on some other people. After having a go at kickboxing with a freestanding bag, I discovered violence does not heal violence. Yoga, Tai Chi, and walks in natural settings were a much better way to find my emotional balance.

4 comments:

  1. a friend made me a dammit doll, soft, you were supposed to sling her against stuff. Just made me feel bad for the doll. There are better ways to flush anger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my daughter - she would never be able to do that either. You have a good creative outlet in quilting.

      Delete
  2. I never did understand expressing or supposedly releasing anger at a pillow or whatever. Love always wins the day, especially when shown to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the professionals don't always know what is best! And I agree that love is much more healing.

      Delete