I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Celebrating Self-Expression

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Four  of Staves; from the Antiquarian Lenormand, Ship:

          The palette and paintbrushes suggest the beginning of a project. Yet the inspiration has already been shaped into form, the canvas prepared, a rough sketch done, and the tools assembled. While the creation has yet to be finished, the hard work of actually beginning is done and the fun is about to start. The Lenormand card shows an 1800s version of a dirigible airship; it implies exploration (with possibly an unusual approach). Others may grimace at choices made, but this need not dull one's creative joy. Hopefully, we will take Rihanna's words to heart: "I'm gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it - and I lived it for me." This approach is not about a lack of concern for others, but a realization that an attempt to please everyone will end up pleasing no one.


No comments:

Post a Comment