I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 23, 2020

Keeping Pace

From the Badgers' Forest Tarot, the Ten of Crows (Pentacles); from the Gemstone Oracle, Moss Agate:

          It's always entertaining to watch bird parents teach their young where to find food and how to navigate those contraptions called bird feeders. Learning to be responsible for themselves will allow them to learn survival skills rather than expecting someone always to be there to do things for them. Moss Agate ('growth') expands this logic as the quote by Frederick Douglass illuminates: "Nature is herself a great worker and never tolerates, without certain rebuke, any contradiction to her wise example. Inaction is followed by stagnation." In a world of technology and constant change, we all must be willing to add to our skill sets if we want to keep pace. On the plus side, as my friend Sharyn says, being eager to study new things means you're never bored. 


6 comments:

  1. My mother once told me only the boring are bored. I'd been whining of course. It stuck in my brain though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mothers always seem to have a phrase or two handy for whiny kids. :)

      Delete
  2. Boredom is a choice. When I find I have made that choice, I get up and shake it off and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remind myself that boredom is due to my "unwillingness to participate." It still doesn't seem believable at those moments when my eyes are glazing over. -Kate

    ReplyDelete