I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Not Reactive Sideswipes

From the Brady Tarot, the Three of Arrows (Swords); from the Holitzka I Ching, Hexagram 43:

          Western scrub jays mourn one of their own. I too, am in mourning. This election (and current administration) has divided friends, families and the nation. I've removed myself from groups and friends who have gleefully posted online or stated openly things that were untrue, hateful and filled with venom. I don't mind if people have a different religion or political party from what I've chosen. But I do mind when they react aggressively and vindictively in an attempt to assassinate another person's character simply because they don't like that person. Hexagram 43 is titled Breakthrough, a suggestion to find equilibrium without polarizing a situation. I can find new friends and groups without denigrating those I've left behind. I can act, as Timothy Morton put it, with "proactive choices, not reactive sideswipes."


7 comments:

  1. equilibrium without polarizing. In normal times I find politics and religion interesting conversations. But this... doesn't even seem possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become a civil war. I'm just trying not to be reactive, which goes against my confrontational nature.

      Delete
  2. I wonder about all the buildings being boarded up in preparation of the outcome of the election. What does that say about where we are in this country, civil unrest, and the edge of civil war?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tells us just how deeply our country is divided.

      Delete
  3. As a Canadian, we have all been observing, often in disbelief this is all possible. Yes, he has divided the nation when the name itself says, "United"
    It's a shame and I hope the county may be able to heal and rebuild without all this polarization. I like your attitude towards this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I've got several friends in other countries, and they all are pleading for me to encourage everyone to vote him out. Not only is our country divided, but he has distanced us from those who were once allies. It has been heart wrenching.
      No worries about the typos - without 2 cups of coffee in the morning, I can type all sorts of things. :)

      Delete
  4. that was *country* not *county* -- sorry, I should have proofread before clicking.

    ReplyDelete