I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Year 2020

From the Badgers' Forest Tarot, Temperance; from the Gemstone Oracle, Pyrite:

          The year 2020 could be described as a time when people lost their moral compass, their common sense, and many of the things which normally anchored them. The ground slipped beneath our feet, and we flailed about looking for something solid and certain. Many chose an extreme ideology to give them a feeling of being safe and secure. However, rather than screaming at or mocking those who don't hold our viewpoint, Temperance suggests we take the middle way of humility and moderation . Pyrite, commonly known as fool's gold, is assigned the phrase 'all that glitters is not gold.' The quote for this mineral is from Sharon Salzberg: "Mindfulness helps us get better at seeing the difference between what’s happening and the stories we tell ourselves about what’s happening, stories that get in the way of direct experience." Instead of spending my time judging others, I might make better use of it by taking a closer look at those stories I'm telling myself.


2 comments:

  1. Moral compass sounded familiar, searched my blog and sure enough, I've been contemplating this for years. Watching the Poor Boys and their ilk this year, I don't think anything has changed, they've just been encouraged to act out their inner black hearts. An OK to hit in public. With wingmen because they are a bunch of cowards. Erm... getting off my soapbox now...returning you to your peaceful oasis station. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that behavior will no longer be applauded and lauded as much in 2021. Hugs right back at you, dear friend.❤️

      Delete