I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sharing Accurate Information

This week I'll be using the Badgers Forest Tarot, a deck created and self-published by Nakisha VanderHoeven. Along with it, I'll be using my Gemstone Oracle (with actual stones). The meanings for the stones have loosely been chosen from the book Crystal and Gemstone Divination by Gail Butler (I added quotations with the keywords). Today's draws are the Six of Crows (Pentacles) and Labradorite:          It appears someone has left the crows and other animals some extra food - perhaps a thanksgiving feast just for them. On the topic of generosity, it has been disheartening to watch Trump obsess about election recounts while completely ignoring the health and well-being of the people he is supposed to serve. Yet yesterday I was out gathering some items for a library display and stopped to stick a dollar in the United Way kettle. The bell-ringer gleefully said that it was the second kettle she was filling up today. When I came back out, I made a point to stick another bill in there as well. While the news may focus on everything that is wrong, there are regular people engaging in simple acts of kindness that go largely unseen. They are who I need to focus on as I find small ways to be of service too. Labradorite's keywords are 'news flash' and 'facts about a situation.' Its assigned quote is by Margaret Mead: "I was brought up to believe that the only thing worth doing was to add to the sum of accurate information in the world." I will take her advice and spread the word that goodwill exists, it just doesn't usually make the nightly news.

4 comments: