I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 9, 2022

Culling

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Ten of Disks; from the Master Tarot, No Clothes:

I like Carl Rohrig's collection of things that might be found in a junk drawer or under a seat cushion. This assortment is symbolic of all the material items - big and small - that we buy or accumulate over the years. I've noticed that the older I get, the more I want to give away things that are nice but are no longer used or have meaning for me. I don't seem to be alone in this culling, though some people might have the opposite reaction. No Clothes is an encouragement to lose our pretensions, those vain self-images designed to look like we've got it all together. The stuff we collect can sometimes be just a trophy on the shelf to make us look smart, with-it, or cultured. But if it really isn't who we are, and it has no use or sentimental attachment, why not leave it with someone who might actually need or appreciate it?

Most of us are moving through such an undergrowth of excess that we cannot sense the shape of ourselves any more. ― John O'Donohue

No comments:

Post a Comment