I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 23, 2022

Greener Ground

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Eight of Swords; from the Druid Animal Oracle, the Horse:

Practicing not-doing means the causes and conditions that create many problems and struggles vanish. No solution needs to be found, no cure discovered, and no help is even necessary. That’s why the Buddhist tradition is grounded in not-doing—because so much of the suffering in the world could be entirely alleviated if we simply didn’t cause it.
~Kimberly Brown

The Eight of Swords points to a struggle within the mind. I occasionally think I must do something about whatever passes through my day - fix it, support it or find a solution for it. Such a mindset can easily bring on a feeling of being overwhelmed as illustrated by this card. In such cases, I create my own suffering (and likely disturb others' peace as well). Sometimes just letting things be is the best answer. The equine species was held in high regard by Celtic peoples, being used in battle, cultivation, and travel. The Horse is like the mind - moving quickly from one place to another - but neither would do well if repetitively forced to trod the same ground over and over. This animal reminds me to move out of my well-worn mental paths onto greener ground.

2 comments:

  1. The quiet observer. If we can't keep our thoughts to ourselves, sometimes it might be better that we don't look. Let others and the world go on their merry way.

    ReplyDelete