I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Making the Best of It

From the New Era Elements Tarot, the Three of Earth (Pentacles); from the Tao Oracle, Hexagram 50:


Can you imagine these bees having a conversation about working solely with one type of flowering plant? "Bee balm only for me." "I prefer coneflower, but I can make do with goldenrod." The Three of Earth inspires us to make the best of what we have, to use the resources we have available. We might be amazed at what we can accomplish when we let go of any tightly held preferences and just begin. The Cauldron - hexagram 50 - underscores this idea of being able to 'cook up' something. With the ego out of the way, we can create something satisfyingly wonderful.

Making the best of what we do have, instead of begrudging what we don’t, has a way of creating all that we’ll ever need. ―Charles F. Glassman

6 comments:

  1. I guess even 'busy bees' get restless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that mindset of "I need more and this and that" can make us that way!

      Delete
  2. I am trying to not rush into anything. Limit shopping, tv, and worrying about what is next. To be in the moment, is a bit challenging.

    ReplyDelete