I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 7, 2022

What's Growing?

From the Tarot of Pagan Cats, the Queen of Wands; from the Brownie Wisdom deck, Finest Chance:

This queen, surrounded by a garden of flowers asks: "What are you planting, watering and tending in your life? What is growing due to either your endeavors or lack of effort?" I have been doing a lot of yard work, and when the storms roll through, I've been working on a new library display. What I haven't been doing very consistently is my spiritual practice, and I can tell because of the thorny thoughts I've had springing up lately. I have excused myself because I'm tired, but I know if I don't get back on track I'm going to find myself in a brier patch. The Brownie offers some advice to point me in the right direction - find someone to whom I can offer comfort and kindness. There's no antidote like reaching out to someone else to get out of self-orbit.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot seem to turn my mind off lately and it really is beginning to take a toll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think not having the mobility you're used to probably isn't helping. Maybe try some online meditations (you might have to try some different ones to find one that suits you). ((C))

      Delete
    2. Relief has come in cortisone shots in both knees. Got them Friday and it already has made a difference, hopefully lasting 3 months or so, getting me closer to the day I can have knee surgery.

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad they are making a difference!!!

      Delete