I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Unplug It

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Seven of Wands; from the Druid Plant Oracle, Chamomile:

Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.
― Anne Lamott

The Seven of Wands card indicates a challenge - often involving outer and inner issues. I'm having a hard time bouncing back from the surgery; exhaustion seems to dog me. I'd like to take Lamott's advice and unplug, but I have embedded in me a strong streak not to shirk my duties or ignore those who reach out for help. Yet I can't lay the blame on those who request my assistance or support; I must make my health a priority. Chamomile underscores the importance of taking a time out for calm and healing, to give my body a chance to repair and restore itself.

2 comments:

  1. If we don't take care of ourselves, well then we may very well abdicate our wellcare to another when we break down.

    ReplyDelete