I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 9, 2023

As Above, So Below

From the Herbcrafter's Tarot, the Magician; from the Green Wheel Oracle, the Traveler's Moon:


The Magician always makes me think of the phrase "as above, so below" (from the hermetic Emerald Tablet). My personal use of this expression is that 'above' refers to my mind and 'below' to my day-to-day encounters. What I consistently focus on will color my perspective of the world and how I relate to it. The plant for this card - the sunflower - is known for its face following the sun as it grows. But once it matures, its head heavy with seed, it will stop moving and face eastward. What happens when our mind becomes rigid and unmoving, holding tightly to cherished opinions and ideas? The Traveler's Moon suggests movement and seeking. Can I allow my mind to stay open without relinquishing what I value? 

The more open-minded you are, the more you see the world as it actually is. The more closed-minded, the more you see the world as you want it to be.
—Adeo Ressi


No comments:

Post a Comment