I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 17, 2023

Not All or Nothing

From the PetraK Tarot, the Four of Discs; from the Astrodice, Mercury/Gemini/7th House:

Be moderate in prosperity, prudent in adversity. 
~Periander

In this painting, the lower, smaller discs seem constricted by some outer covering. Yet the top two discs are larger and unencumbered, producing a bright light or energy. We all get squeezed by circumstances from time to time, whether physically (energy and health), financially or time-wise. We may barely have enough 'shine' to keep ourselves upright and afloat. But when we have some extra shine to spare, we may remember others who are currently treading water and practice kindness rather than restraint. The Astrodice roll implies a merging of communication, sociability and relationships. While we all have preferences with regard to introversion or extroversion, moderation might serve us well.

I’m both an introvert and extrovert. I love people, but I need to be alone. I’ll go out to meet people, but it has an expiration because I have to recharge. If I don’t find the valuable alone time I need to recharge, I cannot be my highest self.
~Denzel Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment