I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 23, 2023

The Antidote

From the Prairie Tarot, the Emperor; from the Medicine Cards, the Rabbit:


This Emperor holds the skull of a ram, a symbol of strength, determination and virility. Yet from earliest times, the ram was also seen as a prestigious sacrifice. Are there any true leaders - those who work in service of those they represent - who haven't made personal sacrifices? I doubt it. There will always be those who love the power and prestige, but few who embrace the humility that is needed. Jimmy Carter recently entered hospice, and though he didn't leave a large mark as President, he is remembered fondly for his diplomacy and his work to advance human rights and alleviate human suffering. Rabbit's message is about fear and worries about the future. I've always heard the best antidote for such anxiety is to reach out and help someone in need.

I have one life and one chance to make it count for something... My faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference. ~Jimmy Carter

2 comments:

  1. I just heard that when Mr Carter was in the White House in the late '70s, he had solar panels installed on its roof (my detail re which building may be incorrect, but I think this is it). And the asshole who followed him actually had them removed! Why on god's green earth would any sensible person have done that? Carter was smarter. - Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was humble and progressive, unlike his successor Reagan. Makes me proud that he is from Georgia (can't say the same for Marjorie T. Greene!).

      Delete