I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 10, 2023

I'm Ready

From the Herbcrafter's Tarot, the Four of Air (Swords); from the Green Wheel Oracle, Robin:

O sleep, O gentle sleep,
Nature's soft nurse, how have I frightened thee,
That thou no more will weigh my eyelids down,
And steep my senses in forgetfulness?
― William Shakespeare

I'm beginning to feel the desperation of the king in Shakespeare's play. I fall asleep quickly but wake soon thereafter; two to three hours of sleep is not enough, especially when it continues for over a month. I exercise six days a week, meditate every day, avoid caffeine and blue screens in the evening, and stay away from junk food. I have no major stress or worries, and even when I lie awake at night, my thoughts aren't anxious. I've tried every sleepy-time herbal tea and several supplements, as well as melatonin, deep breathing and hypnotherapy. Rather than the usual 'fresh start' key phrase, Barlow suggests the Robin represents crossing a threshold. If that threshold is a good night's sleep, I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment