I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 25, 2023

On a Leash

From the Prairie Tarot, the Four of Pentacles; from the Medicine Cards, Beaver:

Seeing this fellow on a locked chest suggests keeping our finances, physical health and time on a short leash. It's a very early spring for us in the South - the azaleas have already been in full bloom this February. Warmer weather after winter always makes me a little over-zealous in the 'doing' department. Yesterday, I cleaned the whole house, did two loads of laundry, hosed down the screened back porch, dumped out quite a few plants that froze, scrubbed the pots, and repotted some new plants. By evening I couldn't move. Beavers are ecosystem engineers with their capacity to alter their environments. They do not like the sound of running water because it signals a leak in their dam (which they immediately repair). I believe my body is in need of repair rather than activity, so I'll have to ignore my 'get-it-done' impulse today. 

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
― John Lubbock

No comments:

Post a Comment