I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Benefiting the Whole

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Knight of Swords; from the Beasts of Albion, Robin Redbreast:

I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I’m a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.
— Malcolm X

Intelligent and single-minded, you can almost hear this Knight exclaim, "I ride for truth and justice!" His way of righting wrong can be disruptive and his sharp tongue can cause pain, but he always leaves change of some kind in his wake. Robin Redbreast has many legends about how he got his red chest - almost all involve courage rooted in compassion for others. The Robin suggests we consider our motives for our actions - are they simply to make us look good or grant us gain? Or are they truly altruistic? To benefit the whole, we must remember the Navy maxim: "a rising tide lifts all boats."

No comments:

Post a Comment