I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 17, 2023

This is Stupid

This week I'll be using the Nigel Jackson Tarot, created by Jackson and published by Llewellyn. I'll also be using the Wolf Pack, created by Robert Petro and published by Windspirit Productions.Today's cards are the Page of Coins and Defeated:



If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all. 
―Michelangelo

The Page of Coins has a little smile on his face as he heads off to begin his new studies. He loves to learn and he's good at it, which can present a problem when he hits a wall that seems impossible to get around. Suddenly the good student finds himself saying things like, "This is stupid!" or "I can't do this!" The Wolf Pack card shows the card of feeling Defeated, when we want to just slink off and forget about it all. Yet there is another option: persistence, patience and coming at it from a different direction. I was going through some emotional turmoil around the time multiplication tables were introduced in elementary school. They just wouldn't stick in my mind, and my grades began to slide. My mother finally told me to make up a tune and sing them every night, and lo and behold, I finally memorized them. I was never a master in in mathematics, but that accomplishment gave me the confidence that I could at least gain a working knowledge as I continued my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment