I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Not An Aspiration

From the Llewellyn Tarot the Six of Pentacles; from the Beasts of Albion, Crane:

Don’t judge people in their reduced circumstances, nobody aspires to be there.
― Shon Mehta

Sixes often represent a return to harmony and balance; in the Six of Pentacles it depicts a sharing of resources to help ease the difference between 'haves' and the 'have nots.' But what is to be made of the scales the giver holds in her hands? Is she judging whether the woman is worthy of receiving her money, or is she simply weighing the financial need? The clothes of the woman and child are neither torn nor dirty, but perhaps she is in need after leaving an abusive spouse. The Crane was often depicted standing on one foot while the other held a stone. If the bird fell asleep, the stone would be dropped, making it wake up. Thus the Crane is associated with vigilance. If I am jealously guarding what I have with a mindset of scarcity, I am impoverished in spirit. The watchfulness of Crane would imply that I become aware that my fear originates not from anything outside of me, but from the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment