I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Intentions for Planting

This week I'll be using the Llewellyn Tarot, created by Anna-Marie Ferguson and published by Llewellyn. I'll also be using the Beasts of Albion, an oracle deck created by Miranda Gray and published by Aquarian. Today's draws are the Knight of Pentacles and the Otter:

When you assess your own life, consider it with the eye of a gardener. Underneath the surface lies rich, fertile soil waiting to nurture the seeds you sow. Even more than you can imagine will grow there if given a chance. – Steve Goodier

This Knight is not an exciting party boy like his cousin the Knight of Wands. People are more likely to call him solid and dependable. He is a methodical planner as well as diligent and committed when he puts those plans into action. He seems to ponder what he will plant next in the freshly plowed field in the background. He prods me to set an intention for the new year with a plan for execution rather than just assuming my expectations will magically appear. Yet Otter shows up, an animal known for playfulness and delight in simple pleasures. His appearance suggest my plans should not be so demanding that they will become a daily burden, tightly wrung of any joy. Such an onerous agenda would be unlikely to see a harvest.

2 comments:

  1. I always call this Knight “Old Stodgy” after the Knight in the Thoth. You can also call him “The Stodger”, he doesn’t mind. I tried to get the Beasts of Albion once, the bee is so good, but wasn’t able to find it. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Old Stodgy" - hee hee. He might need to take some time off and go to his cousin's party. Years ago I almost let go of the Albion, but I'm so glad I didn't now.

      Delete