I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tomorrow is Already Gone

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Ace of Cups; from the Rumi Cards, Tomorrow:

...my cup overflows. ~Psalm 23:5

An acquaintance posted on Facebook this morning that if anyone knew of a family who was not getting enough to eat to contact him. He said he wouldn't ask questions or tell any tales, he'd just buy them some groceries. A person replied that he was generous and kind; he said his offer was simply because he felt so blessed. Is my life perfect? No, I have physical pain, emotional challenges, and limited income, much like many others. But does my cup overflow with good people and things in my life? Absolutely. Rumi's card - Tomorrow - is a reminder that while we may think about paying it forward by doing a kind deed for someone, we often put if off and then forget about it. Act now, he says, for tomorrow is already gone. You can't fill an empty stomach with good intentions.


No comments:

Post a Comment