I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 13, 2012

I Know Nothing

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune:
TSTWheel
The wheel in this card is from a painting by Fra Angelico called The Vision of Ezekiel.  The outer wheel contains prophets from the old testament of the bible with words from the first few verses of Genesis: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  The inner wheel includes people from the new testament with the first verses in John around it :"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  The wheel within a wheel helps me to remember that when I uncover one mystery, another waits in its place.  Things will unfold that may help me understand, but there will always be dozens of more doors to open when that understanding arrives.  As the paper at the top of the wheel implies, I'll never graduate from learning.  Not only is change constant in the outer world, it is also present in my inner world as well.

     From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Emotions:"
GCEmotions
This appears to be a lovely scene until the bars on the window are noticed.  This painting was created by Evelyn De Morgan and entitled The Prisoner.  Fearful emotions have held me in a prison these past few days, sucking the energy from my body and mind.  Yet when I look at them realistically, I find that 99% of my anxiety comes from assumptions, expectations, and projections.  Basically, they are not real.  And even if my worst fears come true, do I absolutely without a doubt know that the result could be a terrible thing?  No, I don't; it might even bring a type of freedom...

No comments:

Post a Comment