I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Natural Response to Joy

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the Ace of Cups:
MGAceC
Morgan-Greer's version of the Ace of Cups is one of the most beautiful to me.  The dove represents my Higher Self, that within me where ego does not exist.  The glow coming from the cup is the compassion that is able to rise when my cup is full and overflowing.  The five streams of water represent the joy of fulfillment - spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically.  The fifth stream is the joy I have to pour out to others.  It does not come from feeling obligated or being needy (as in "I must do for others to feel worthy."), but from a place of gratitude.  When I give from this place of true compassion, it refills rather than depletes my cup.  It is not a struggle (like the lotus trying to reach the light), but a natural response to life.

     From the Goddesses and Sirens Oracle comes "Gaia/Creation:"
GTGSGaia
The authors suggest a meaning in their booklet about this Earth goddess that seems quite in harmony with today's tarot card: "Allow yourself to create in joy, not because of pressure."  Whether I'm trying to solve a problem, bake a cake, or draw in my nature journal, I enjoy it much more when I don't put time restraints on myself.  Usually when I do this, it's because there is something else on my "to do" list that I think is a priority.  What a way to suck the fun out of things!  Today I'll try to keep in mind that the world has never come to a halt because I didn't accomplish all I set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment