I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Full Monty

From the Cosmic Tarot, the Seven of Pentacles:
CT7P
The title of this card might as well be "When the Best Laid Plans All Go to Hell in a Hand-basket."  This particular version definitely leans toward the Thoth interpretation.  Poor fellow, there's no harvest here, just rocky, bare ground.  I know just the kind of disappointment he feels.  Yesterday, groundwork that I've been laying for over a month finally saw results.  But not the results I wanted to see.  It was painful and broke my heart.  I know sometimes the ground must be cleared and plowed before anything will grow, which requires time, work, and a willingness to deal with the unpleasant.  I'm not giving up, but I need to let go of the "happily ever after" idea I've been holding onto tightly.

     From the L'Oeil de Lotus comes "Wisdom:"
LL54
The lotus flower is often used as a symbol of wisdom and enlightenment because of the way it grows.  It begins in the mud (the physical), progresses through the water (the emotional), and finally breaks the surface of the water to rise into the air (the mental).  Only after passing through all three stages does it open to the light (wisdom).  I am reminded that I don't receive wisdom just by reading a book, planting a garden, or talking about my moods.  All of these actions are positive, but I need the "Full Monty" - experiencing, feeling, and thinking - to find what I truly seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment