I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Armored Hearts

This week I'll be using the Mary-El Tarot created by Marie White and published by Schiffer.  There is a book that comes with this set (written by White), but I'll probably be relying more on what I see in the image than what is written in the book.  Today's draw is the Knight of Cups:
This knight reverently holds a cup, from which a fountain of red flows.  It is interesting to note that his armor dips down in front exposing his chest.  There a white lotus is in full bloom, indicating an open heart.  But under the lotus is a watchful, protective eye, a sign that while this knight may be full of compassion, he's no one's lapdog.  He reminds me that I must let my guard down if I am going to form an intimate bond with others, and if someone breaks my trust, I don't have to continue in my relationship with them.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the OH Cards, created by Ely Raman and Joe Schlichter, and published by EOS Enterprises.  There are two decks in this set, one with pictures and one with words that you lay the images on.  Because I couldn't get both cards lined up on the scanner, I'll just include a scan of the picture.  This morning's cards were "Cave cat - Anxiety:"
Teeth bared, a wild cat sits outside its cave protecting the entrance.  I can't help but see how the cave resembles the black section on the knight's chest above that is without armor.  The "anxiety" keyword speaks to how if feels for me to let someone in to my life, to allow myself to be vulnerable.  I do think that my gut instincts can tell me when a person doesn't have my best interests at heart, and I do need to be alert to these warnings.  But I also need to be aware that often my anxiety comes from wanting to protect my heart from being hurt, even when there is no reason to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment