I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Share, Learn, Do

This week I'll be using the Neuzeit Tarot created by Walter Wegmuller and published by AG Muller.  Today's draw is the Four of Wands:
The wands are drawn to look like kings, each one a different color (reminding me of racial/ethnic diversity) and each with a suit emblem on it (wand, coin, cup, sword).  The ball of hands and eyes make me think of people I don't know personally - the faceless folks who produce things I use and rely on, whether it is the books I read or the food I eat.  This tarot card speaks of a firm foundation in working toward an objective, and reminds me of John Donne's line, "No man is an island, entire of itself."  Things that last and things of worth require the talents and efforts of many people; I would be wise to gratefully accept their knowledge and help.

The "oracle" I'll be using is a combination of two sets of dice: Rory's Story Cubes and Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages.  These dice were created by Rory O'Connor and produced by Gamewright.  This morning's throw rolled up "glasses and footprint:"
I'm a nature lover, and I always get tickled when I talk to others who claim they love nature too; after listening to them I soon realize what they mean is that they love it on their television sets or in their books.  Heaven forbid they had to be out in it!  Yet I do the same thing with other matters.  I can read every book in the library on Zen until my head is bursting with knowledge, but fail to practice anything I've learned.  As the footprint suggests, none of it is useful until I do something with it.  Then the knowledge shared and knowledge learned can come full circle and make a difference in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever seen Neuzeit before, will look forward to your week with it. The dice seems like a LOT of fun. Just looking at those, there are all kinds of stories or sayings you can dig up from them. My first thought was 'head to toe' and I love your take on the glasses as 'thinking' and the foot as 'doing'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to go ahead and try to enable you on these - you could do wonders with them! Besides the original and Voyages set, there is a action/verb set, but I found them to be a little confining. I use them for conversation starters, as it is amazing what ideas and memories come up for people with them. I'm sure you could find a seller in the UK (closer to you than here) if you're interested.... :)

      Delete
    2. lol, well at least you are honest about the enabling part :-P Gonna check amazon.co.uk I learnt how amazing even the marketplace is on amazon, I get books from UK to Sweden in just 3 days at almost no cost.

      Delete