I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 11, 2013

Fill and Refill

From the Radiant Rider-Waite, the Ace of Cups:
I have a water cup I carry around with me all day to make sure I get enough to drink; when it is empty, I refill it again.  It would make no sense to fill it up then sit it on the counter and forget about it - cups are made to be used.  As I look at the wafer being dipped into the cup in this card, I am reminded that all the joy, love and compassion I have is useless if I don't do something with it.  These emotions aren't an intellectual activity, they are meant to be expressed in the physical world.

From the Archetype Cards comes the "Midas/Miser:"
Myss explains in the set's booklet that this archetype isn't confined to finances - creative talents, problem-solving ideas, and emotions can also be shared or hoarded.  Holding tightly to any of these can be costly instead of prudent.  Imagine a sunflower that refuses to turn loose of its seeds at the end of the growing season; all potential withers away.  There is a middle path I must walk between giving everything and giving nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment