I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kilroy was Here

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the King of Wands:

 
 
This king looks like he's ready to hit one out of the ballpark because of the way he's holding the staff.  He is green - from head to toe - telling me that he's all about making progress toward his goals.  Action is fine, as long as you're purposefully moving forward.  But look at the design and cut at the top of his tunic; it reminds me of the "Kilroy was here" graffiti that started in World War II and continued popping up everywhere as a joke.  So it's not that the King of Wands doesn't want me to have fun, he just suggests I get my work done first.

From the Pages of Shustah deck comes the "Mammoth:"
 
This extinct mammal was a good choice to represent the past.  It hints that I might need to reflect on how the past is affecting my present.  If I'm moving in circles and not making progress (as the King of Wands above would demand), then I need to see if habitual thoughts or behaviors are the cause.  The green of the mammoth mirrors the green of the king, and indicates that if progress is going to be made then changes must be made as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment