I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Multi-color or Monochrome

From the Illuminated Tarot, the Star:
The Star is often a message of hope and healing, but it is also about the guidance needed to get there.  Where will it come from?  I see several sources in this card: the pool of water, representing the intuitive Self; the five streams of water on the ground, symbolizing the five senses; and the bird in the tree, signifying study and the intellect.  It seems all of these will work together as a collective whole, if I will only do my part by paying attention to all of them.

The card drawn from the Dreaming in Color deck this morning is "Resentment:"
The reddish-orange of this image almost obscures the green underneath.  I am reminded of how a migraine completely colors everything going on in my life - as if it was the only focus in my life.  Sommers defines resentment as a tightly-held, lingering bitterness due to feeling unjustly wronged.  Taking into consideration the Star above, I realize that I will be missing many messages of guidance if all I'm thinking about is the person who hurt me.  But how do you trust someone untrustworthy?  How do you have compassion for a person who has no qualms with causing pain to others?  Perhaps it is enough now not to hate; after all the best revenge is to enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment