I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Water Flow, Knots in the Hose

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Eight of Wands:
Eight arrows fly through the air, heading downward to their target.  Besides the sharp points, I notice the fletching on the back of the arrows.  There are three fletches (vanes) made of matched half-feathers on each end.  The fletching gives stabilty to the arrow so that the arrow flies straight instead of tumbling end over end.  This card indicates that a creative project or challenge is nearing its completion.  The three fletches symbolize the preparation, initial action, and follow-through that have gotten me to this point.  Now my attention and effort must not waver as things come to a conclusion.

From the Pages of Shustah come the card "Candle:"
The candle is used to illuminate the darkness, and represents knowledge and wisdom.  I have a 150 ft. hose that I am using to water in the new shrubs and flowers I've planted.  Because of its length, it often gets kinks in it (stopping the water flow), and I have to pause and backtrack to find the knot and untangle it.  I've never had a challenge or a project yet that didn't have some sort of tangle; I must remember to be patient and shine a light on the problem in order to get things moving again.

1 comment: