I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 3, 2019

Abiding Joy

From the Victoria Regina Tarot, the Ten of Cups; from the Alchemist Oracle, 'Mentor:'
          The Ten of Cups represents an abiding, mature joy that is present regardless of what swirls around us. There is a realization that we don't need it all, and neither do we need to compare ourselves to others. Our contentment comes in each moment as we acknowledge life may be difficult at times, but it is still good. It comes when we realize our greatest resource is made up of people who care about us unconditionally. The Mentor card suggests being a guide for others as they search for emotional fulfillment. Our role is not to do the work for them but to be encouraging and offer objective suggestions. We help them understand that lasting joy comes from inside and not from what is external. Yet even a mentor needs a guide to see his or her blind spots.
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. — Benjamin Disraeli

4 comments:

  1. you are a marvelous mentor, perhaps your purpose in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. But I hope I will always remain a student too!

      Delete
  2. Those look like canning jars and reminds me I am going to have to help in the garden this year if I want my share of green beans. Fresh veggies, always something to celebrate and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are canning jars (that's what she uses for the Cups suit).😊

      Delete