I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Words or Deeds

From the Herbcrafter's Tarot, the Adelita (Warrior/Knight) of Air; from the Green Wheel Oracle, the 'Cold Moon:'
          Oregano is associated with this Knight of Air, and though the creators suggest it as an ally for women's cycles, it can't help but make people think of Italian food. It is said that Italian cuisine relies on a few ingredients that are of excellent quality. That's probably a good suggestion for our thoughts and words too. The Cold Moon symbolizes unconditional love and healing that comes during dark times, just as evergreens survive the harshest winters. The words of Fred Roger's mother come to mind, who told him that during scary times he should "Look for the helpers." Rogers, as an adult, stated: "I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world." Sometimes that comfort comes in words, sometimes in deeds.

2 comments:

  1. nice post. I don't know much about mr. rogers, I was a teenager when we got tv, far too busy to watch it, and too old to be interested in him. but he sure has a admirning following. Dark Shadows was me go to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know much about him until my daughter was sitting in front of a television. I remember Dark Shadows, but for some reason it seems we listened to it on the radio...

      Delete