I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Keeping the Torch Lit

This week I'll be using the PetraK Tarot, created by Petra Reiter-Köck and published by Piatnik. The oracle I'll be using this week is the AstroDice, created by Wessex Astrologer Ltd. Today's draw and roll are the Ace of Wands and 'Mars/Aries/7th House:'
          Petra states that this Ace represents "the torch of an inexhaustible potential of energies we all carry in us." It reminded me of a shirt I own that reads: "You can't use up creativity." I believe that we all have a river of inspiration flowing in us, but sometimes the pump needs to be primed to get it out. The intricately carved and decorated staff suggests attention and effort must be given to tap that potential, such as the exercises in Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way. In the Astrodice roll, the fiery energy of Mars meets up with the assertiveness of Aries in the House of relationships and cooperation. It implies that having enthusiastic people to encourage us can help keep our torch lit until we gain some traction.
Art is born in attention.
~ Julia Cameron

4 comments:

  1. my creativity craps out when I try to rely on someone else's ideas.
    And the Artist's Way changed my life, all in good ways. Made me think, made me buckle down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, using someone else's ideas only boxes me in and doesn't open up my creativity channel. But having someone to encourage me to go for it is another thing entirely. Cameron inspired a lot of people with that book!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of energy with the Ace and Aries. Combustible.

    ReplyDelete