I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Arms Wide

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Master, created by Giovanni Vacchetta and published by Lo Scarabeo. Along with it, I'll be drawing from the Paracelsus Oracle, published by Lo Scarabeo with instructions written by Gina di Roberto. The cards drawn for today are the Queen of Cups and 'Amissio:'
          The Queen of Cups nourishes the heart, and this particular one seems to be planning for a gathering. She reminds me of my mother who is constantly looking for a reason to get together with a group, whether it involves family or new and old friends. She is like the live oak with its arms that sweep low to the ground, gathering in those who could use a sense of belonging, care, and laughter. Amissio literally means loss and suggests transience and learning to let go. The Queen's tenderness and compassion are perhaps needed the most when someone has been gutted by grief. She may enjoy celebrations, but she also knows how to sit with those in pain, giving support with her presence.
A person’s world is only as big as their heart. -Tanya A. Moore

2 comments:

  1. I try to remember the mother who raised me, and not at all the mother who died with me. Not the same women at all. Mother was famous for her pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re-remember those good memories as often as you can.

      Delete