I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 13, 2019

No Place Like Home

From the Herbcrafter's Tarot, the Ten of Water; from the Green Wheel Oracle, 'The Quiet Moon:'
Had to find my own way, make my own mistakes
But you know that I had to go
Ain't no yellow brick road running through Glasgow
But I found one that's stronger than stone
Ain't no place like home, ain't no place like home

Red clover is associated with the Ten of Water, a herb used as a sedative (such as for hot flashes) and also as a plant able to fix nitrogen in the soil for fertilizing purposes. Like the song Buckley sings, this card represents peace and emotional nourishment that we often find in the refuge of those we love or home. The Quiet Moon picks up this thread, describing a time when we need to retreat and let go of the details in favor of the big picture. It's time to recharge the batteries in a place and around people who will let us relax and replenish ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. I need to spend more time in Nature. I don't know when the last time I saw the plum blossoms of Red Clover. It was everywhere when I was a young girl. Mostly cleared away in all the city spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being surrounded by farming counties, we have it popping up along roadsides quite often.

      Delete