I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Willing and Doing

From Tarot of the Master, the Five of Wands; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Rubeus:
          This Five of Wands seems like the ceremonial end to a competition, with one winner and four other runners-up. Rubeus (literally 'red') refers to a passionate fierceness, a necessary ingredient for stepping out from the crowd. But this particular Rubeus warns that there is a difference between idealism and practicality, between fantasy and reality. Getting in the winner's circle requires a continuous effort, adaptability and a concrete expression of one's talents. Go for the gold, but don't expect a smooth and easy ride to get there.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.  Willing is not enough; we must do.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

4 comments:

  1. I worked once where we had to wear red blouses. Holy Bullwinkle it was a total struggle. Then I got used to wearing red and I liked it. Sort of like red and life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a 'red' gal (earth tones for me), but that is my daughter's favorite color.

      Delete
  2. Winning at competitions, well just about anything is not " a walk on" Years of practice, lots of discipline and sacrifice get you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to judge when we see someone doing something (thinking "I could do that"), but we don't see all the hours of practice and knowledge that went behind it.

      Delete