I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Enjoy the Ride

This week I'll be using the Prairie Tarot, created and self-published by Robin Ator. Paired with it will be the Medicine Cards, a deck and book set published by St. Martin's Press and created by David Carson and Jamie Sams. Today's cards are the Ten of Cups and Rabbit:
          A family admires the view from their new homestead. Home is the place we can breathe deeply, relax and unwind. It gives us a place to recharge and a feeling of belonging. But Rabbit has shown up, a totem associated with fear (as it is a prey animal). I've been watching the months creep up to hurricane season, and there is a tiny bit of anxiety roaming around my mind about what is to come. I don't want my place of refuge to become a prison surrounded by flood waters or damaged by high winds. But I have no control over the weather, and right now things are okay. My focus must be on what is here and now, not consumed about what may happen in the future. I'll keep the insurance paid and acknowledge that today, life is good.
But rather than being disheartened by the ambiguity, the uncertainty of life, what if we accepted it and relaxed into it? What if we said, “Yes, this is the way it is; this is what it means to be human,” and decided to sit down and enjoy the ride? 
 ~Pema Chodron

4 comments:

  1. Our parents said over and over think a little bit. So we learned to think a little bit, plan ahead... and now we worry about a future we can't do a thing about. Life. Can't shoot it, can't live with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on learning how to plan without adding the expectation of doom or disaster. :D

      Delete
  2. That is all we really have, this moment, today. Last week the tornado sirens were activated. Nothing came of it, but it had its impact on me. One foot in front of the other. Be well and let's ask the Great Mother for hurricane free year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to the Mother's ears. But yes, one foot in front of the other, do what can be done, and leave the rest alone.

      Delete