I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Core Courage

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Six of Wands; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the Faerie of Growth:

I accept that no one is coming to make my life right, or save me, or redeem my childhood, or rescue me from the consequences of my choices and actions.
― Nathaniel Branden

          We all experience them - the dark nights of the soul that crush our bones, constrict our breath and make us want to curl up and do anything but face what life has left on our doorstep. Yet this young fairy has reached deeply into her heart and mind to find the courage to keep going. Not just to slog through each day, but actively looking for any beauty and kindness to be found there. This is her victory, not over some external force, but over the internal darkness that attempts to drag her into its depths. The Faerie of Growth implies two actions: movement and change. Nothing positive can happen if we don't participate with a sincere effort. Perhaps she can help us acknowledge and affirm Branden's words: "I accept the reality of my problems, but I am not defined by them. My problems are not my essence. My fear, pain, confusion, or mistakes are not my core."

No comments:

Post a Comment