I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Glimmers of Light

From the Osho Zen Tarot, the Three of Cups; from the A'HA Oracle, Omniscience:
          Misery does love company, which is why we can always find someone to gripe or rant about a person or situation with us. That quality is a dime a dozen. But what I want is someone who knows how to see a glimmer of light in the darkness and who can find fun or humor in a frustrating situation. I don't want to be an Eeyore, I want to be a Pooh-bear (with a weekend here and there as a Tigger). And I want to hang out with people of the same mindset. Life is too short to spend it raging or whining (and I've done enough of that already). Omniscience means all-knowing, to perceive all things. No one wants to make a bad choice or miss an opportunity, which is why we go to fortune-tellers and read books on how to improve our intuition. But in my opinion, I think that is an impossible goal for humans; I'd settle instead for a bit of clarity. And spending time with the right kind of friends might grant me the ability to see with a wider vision.

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. ~Maya Angelou

4 comments:

  1. If you hear a good tune, just get up and dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toes tap without conscious effort when music is playing if it has a good beat. :)

      Delete
  2. believe it or not once in awhile we have a drought here. In the mid 70s it was so bad when it finally started raining about midnight I went out and danced in the street in the downpour with a neighbor. Certainly a joyful memory that has stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete