I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Pausing Practice

From the Victorian Fairy Tarot, the Knight of Autumn (Pentacles); from the Haindl Rune Oracle, Wunjo/Wynn:
          I like this Knight - he knows that when you work hard, you need to pause every now and then to check your progress and see what might have been missed. Plus, the body (especially as we age), needs a chance to rest and recuperate. Wunjo is a rune that is associated with well-being in all its forms. It represents joy, as it recognizes the blessing of being well. When I am working in the yard, I take pauses to rest but also to bird watch and see how the season is changing the landscape. It restores both body, mind and spirit. The house and yard reconstruction seems to be two steps forward and one step back. Yet as I look at the earth and the way nature renews itself, it gives me hope.

2 comments: