I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Mature Friendships

From the Victorian Fairy Tarot, the Three of Summer (Cups); from the Haindl Rune Oracle, Dorn/Thorn:
I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
~Charles R. Swindoll 

          I am convinced that we all need someone with whom we can be genuine, showing without fear the qualities that make us fallible humans. But such a friendship requires effort; we need to be willing to make time for them on a regular basis, as well as listen to their stories instead of just sharing our own. But Dorn/Thorn implies that things can get a little prickly if a friend has a different opinion about something than us. But, unless their actions are unethical, is this a reason to abandon them? Perhaps Thomas Jefferson's advice is wise: "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." Besides, a different view might help us have a wider perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment