I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Peaceful Surrender

From the Osho Zen Tarot, New Vision / Hanged Man; from the A'HA Oracle, Fruition:

Peace requires us to surrender our illusions of control. ~Jack Kornfield

          Surrender simply means we stop fighting. We stop declaring that our way is the right way, that our way of seeing is correct. In the stillness of surrender, we can gather new information and perhaps see from a perspective that was impossible before while our blinders were on. Our heart becomes open and our mind becomes flexible. We may have given up the fight, but we've gained equanimity and a fuller understanding. Fruition implies that what we have done has born fruit. Every act and thought in the past is producing a harvest in the present. I can't change the seeds I've already planted, but I can be mindful of what I'm planting now that I will reap in the future.

Eventually you will see that the real cause of problems is not life itself. It's the commotion the mind makes about life that really causes the problems. ~Michael Singer

4 comments:

  1. Acceptance. Release the struggle and be. That is really Zen-like. Practice makes progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your 'practice makes progress' phrase has been stuck with me ever since you first wrote it on your blog!

      Delete