I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Down into the Dirt

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Empress; from the Rumi Cards, 'Small as an Atom:'
 The beautiful gesture of touching the earth reminds us that awakening is less about stretching up toward transcendence than it is reaching down into the dirt.
— Pamela Weiss

          I've received and seen dozens of suggestions for worldwide prayer and meditation, which is a nice way to remember that we are all interconnected and not alone. But the Empress would say if we're only doing this as a way to escape reality, then it is simply spiritual bypassing not enlightenment. She asks, "What seeds are you planting - emotional and physical - that will bloom and spread to your neighbor's space?" Are my seeds full of fear or anger and concerned primarily with me, my and mine? The Rumi card suggests developing humility (touching the earth). Bill Wilson wrote that humility was "the clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to be what we can be." I am inspired by friends and others whose focus now is on helping in whatever way they can and using humor to spread cheer. I bow respectfully to all of you. 

2 comments: