I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Flow of Behavior

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Viking Lenormand, Book:
          Without cable, I've been watching Lucifer on Netflix lately. I always find the answers interesting when he asks people "What is your deepest desire?" Desire drives people, sometimes in good ways and sometimes not. This morning with the Nine of Cups (wish card), I wonder what the manifestation of my wishes would bring. Would they be selfless or selfish? Would they be of benefit in the long run, or would they provide a brief bit of pleasure but then regret later? The Book card suggests information and knowledge, but it is the kind that requires effort on my part, such as research or education. Perhaps before I chase the next pleasure, I might spend time doing investigation and study.

Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.
~Plato

1 comment: