I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 11, 2020

New Day, New Choices

From the Everyday Enchantment Tarot, the Ace of Wands; from the MentorSpirit Cards, 'Freedom:'
Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety. 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

          It's a new day, and Palin has presented us with a blank canvas to paint on it what we will. I'm a little giddy this morning to find our internet is up (though probably briefly). Having no mobile data and no internet connection has felt rather constricting, so today feels like the MentorSpirit card, Freedom. I'm surfing around to see what everyone has been up to and reconnecting with friends and family. Yet I'm also pondering Viktor Frankl's thoughts: "The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance." There will always be things I'm powerless over; the challenge will be in working with my mind to accept and adapt rather than continuing to push back against that which is immovable. Such situations can be learning experiences too. As one AA writer put it, "Adversity truly introduces us to ourselves."

4 comments:

  1. People with iffy web have no idea :) How quickly we've forgotten life pre '80s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! It's been quite isolating not being able to connect with others. Switching to a new company on Monday, but I'll have to do the inside hookups since the technicians are not allowed in the house.

      Delete
  2. It truly is challenging to unplug.
    Attitude and perspective, key to getting us beyond. Will we as a people change? Some maybe, others are in a hurry to get to what was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we're about to get unplugged again - I'm glad I got to touch base with my friends first!

      Delete