I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Protected Past

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Six of Cups; from the Rumi Cards, 'Start to Shine:'
          The guard catches my eye this morning in the Albano-Waite illustration of the Six of Cups. There is a sense of enclosure and protection that surrounds these children. I don't think it is Pollyanna-ish to do the same with memories that make us smile or warm our hearts. As Cesare Pavese wrote, "The richness of life lies in memories we have forgotten." The Start to Shine card is a reminder that good times may not last, but neither do the bad ones either. It is helpful to remember past challenges and hardships, and how they eventually ended or how I learned how to adapt and continue to live with my heart open and tender in spite of them.

4 comments: