I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Watch Your Spending

From the Norse Tarot, the Ace of Disks; from the Wolf Pack, Crossroads:

          Look closely, and much interaction may be seen in the intertwined details of this disk. Likewise, my time, energy, and money can be spent in assorted ways, some that will be of benefit and some that will incur a heavy debt later on. The Crossroads card reminds me that I am the one making the choices; whether I act impulsively or wisely, the consequences or results will fall at my feet. When I am bored, angry, sad, or fearful, it is tempting to use these resources in ways that aren't very discerning. In the words of Frank Outlaw:

Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

2 comments:

  1. Frank's words are truly food for thought today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen - still working on catching my thoughts before they snowball.

      Delete