I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 20, 2020

A Blessing

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Sidhe, created by Emily Carding and published by Schiffer. I'll also be using the Green Man Tree Oracle, created by John Matthews and Will Worthington with Connections as its publisher. Today's draws are Dancer Ten (Ten of Cups) and Honeysuckle:

Come and join our faery song,
Find the home for which you long,
Know that you have found your place,
Circle of the Dancer's grace.

          Connection - having a sense of unity and belonging with another person or group - is a basic human need. I've been helping look after the dog of an acquaintance who's been in the ICU and is now in a nursing home. Having a house full of cats and a busted up fence, she unfortunately can't stay with me. Although her neighbor and I have been feeding her and taking care of her basic needs for the past month, she is extremely lonely, anxious and sad. She desperately needs a human connection now that her person is gone. But today I'm meeting a wonderful woman from across the state line who is willing to foster her and give her a sense of belonging that's been missing. The sweet smell and taste of Honeysuckle is a perfect symbol for the generosity and kindness of this canine foster mom. May their new relationship be a blessing to both of them. 


6 comments:

  1. Dogs don't have many choices in their lives, do they? Poor things. It's amazing they're as resilient as they are. The change is such a loss for the dog and her person; a struggle to accept. Given a loving home, the dog will adapt. I hope her person is able to be happy. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She literally dove into the backseat of the woman's car. I was wondering how I was going to lift 80 lbs. of dog. That is my wish for both of them as well.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to say it, but the dog might have thought she was going to be taken home. One time when I brought a rescue puppy home here and set her on the grass between the house and the car to follow me, she turned and trotted back toward the car, then stopped, turned her head and looked at me as if to say "Let's go, I want to go back where I came from." Some might think I imagined that, but I just knew that's what she was asking for. She'd been at my sister Karen's for a couple weeks after being rescued and was very happy there, with my dog-loving sista and her little doggie friends. Anyway I hope your foster girl will be thrilled with her new home and all the loving intended for her. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had an update from the foster mom. She's getting along well with her new tribe (two other dogs) and family. This lady is a true animal lover and willing to put in the work to help her adapt. And she'll continue to send updates. :)

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say the dog was at her home for a month by herself.

      Delete