I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Allies

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Three of Water (Cups); from the Bird Cards, Canary:

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them? ~Rose Kennedy

          Can anyone confidently say that they would have made it through 2020 without companions to lean on and confide in? Not me. Whether the challenges were personal, national or worldwide, friendships helped me find humor in the darkness and upheld a light for coming change. What better time to celebrate than when surviving a difficulty (even if the rest didn't magically disappear)? Canary reminds me of its association with warning when it was used by coal miners. My companions can also sound an alarm when I start sliding under the waves with little awareness. In the words of Arnold Glasgow, "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." As this year comes to a close and a new one begins, I will strive to generously offer the same kindness to others that I've received.


2 comments: